A CHЕАР SЕLF STORAGE UNІT AUSTIN STОRАGЕ
When you decide to move to a new city, you may not have a permanent residence right away, especially if you had to move on short notice. In these cases, you may not have anywhere to put your belongings for weeks or even months, so you will need to rent a storage unit for the short term.
It is important to keep in mind that not all Austin storage units are equal. Just like many other products and services, you often get what you pay for with storage facilities. Individuals should be wary of “too good to be true” storage prices, because that probably means that they are
Instead, individuals should look for facilities that offer the amenities that they need. Many facilities will offer services that sound appealing but really are not necessary for your specific needs. Others may not offer the best solutions for what you are looking for u will need to rent a storage unit for the short term.
Common storage amenities include:
- Private units
- Climate control
- Security systems
- Indoor storage
If you are moving into this city, find a self storage facility close to your home or place of work where you could store everything that you do not need every day. Remember, moving is a great opportunity to live life clutter free. The fact is, all of us have so many items in our homes that it can become a mess. For many of us, there’s hardly any space to move freely, and the reality is, most of these items are not even needed regularly.
For example, we need winter clothing only for a few months. Do we really need those books that we have already read? So when you have just moved to your new home, perhaps you can keep all those things that you do not need everyday at a storage facility. Just rent your unit and keep them stored safely. These self service facilities can store furniture, cutlery, electronics items, books, clothes, bicycles and much more. Once you have everything safely tucked away, you can either sell off what you do not need, or you can get it when you need it. The choice is yours.
Below we listed five things renters should familiarize themselves with before they take that next step and rent a space. Renters are also encouraged to do the research themselves and learn everything there is to about renting a space.
- Storage facilities are never exactly alike. Depending on where you rent you will have to deal with things like; customer service, grounds cleanliness, hours of operation, etc. It is up to you to do the research and find which storage facility fits your needs best. Those who own storage facilities are keepers of your precious belongings and you would not turn things over to just anyone would you? It is your responsibility to make sure you know all about the storage facility before you commit to it.
- Although storage units may provide a little more security than your home, burglaries do happen. You would never want to store something that is priceless to you, such things should be kept in a bank. Be aware of what is going into your storage unit and take inventory. It is also good to occasionally do a thorough check to make sure everything is still there. Also, one thing to look for at a storage facility are their security cameras. Questions to ask may be; How often is someone guarding the premises? Or are there any hidden cameras?
- Some storage facilities raise their rent, before you commit you must ask what is the constant going rate, also see if you can get a written agreement to lock in your price.
- Remember to make the most use of your storage space. Remember when you were a kid and Dad would pack the car before a vacation? Did he utilize every ounce of space possible or just throw things into the car carelessly? Making the most from your small rented space is smart. To get the most from your investment it would be wise to disassemble anything that can be taken apart and pack everything as neatly as you can.
- Check with the storage unit and see what their insurance policy is. Most storage units are not liable for your belongings so if they do not offer some type of insurance, you should consider getting it from an outside source.
These five things that renters should make themselves aware of are not to scare anyone from renting a storage space. Overall, a storage facility is a wise decision for anyone looking to free up some space in their home or apartment. However renters should beware of what they are getting into. Knowledge is power and the more you know, the more prepared you will be in the long run.