The last date to link Aadhaar number with credit cards is December 31, 2017. The customers who have not yet linked their cards must do it before the deadline else all the services will be blocked. The customers can however, activate their accounts by submitting an application along with the Aadhaar card copy.
It is also important to note that if the account holders have submitted the Aadhaar number at the time of account opening or have updated the same in the bank account, they will not have to link aadhaar with credit card for the same bank. That is, if the bank account and credit card are of the same account, the customers can update Aadhaar number in the bank account and then it will automatically be updated in the credit card of the same account only if both the account holders are same. Here are the linking process for SBI and HDFC Bank that you can follow.
How to link Aadhaar with SBI Credit Card?
If you are an SBI credit card user and have an account (savings or current) with the bank, you can simply update Aadhaar in your bank accounts and it will be automatically updated in the credit card linked to that particular account.
Otherwise, if you are using an SBI credit card but do not have any kind of bank account at the bank, you will have to update the unique 12-digit number. For this, you can either visit the branch directly or can do it online via NetBanking and also can contact the customer care department regarding the same.
Steps to link Aadhaar with SBI credit card through NetBanking
- Login to the NetBanking using the customer ID and login password
- Go to the update account details section
- Update Aadhaar as per the instructions
Steps Advised to Link Aadhaar to SBI Credit Card at Branch
- Go to the nearby branch with an original and photocopy of Aadhaar
- Ask for Aadhaar Registration Form
- Mention Aadhaar and credit card details
- Affix your signature in the prescribed space
- Submit the form
- The concerned SBI official will process your Aadhaar Linking request with a credit card
Call SBI Credit Card Customer Care to Link Aadhaar
- Ring the 24×7 customer care number – 1800 180 1290
- Place your request for linking Aadhaar with a credit card
- The customer care executive would ask you to enter Aadhaar and credit card details on the IVR
- As soon as the details get verified successfully, you would receive an SMS saying the linkage of Aadhaar with a credit card
How to Link Aadhaar to HDFC Credit Card?
If you are using an HDFC credit card and have a savings account or current account here, you can simply update your Aadhaar in the bank account and the same will be updated in the credit card. If not, you can visit the branch for Aadhaar seeding process and follow the below steps:
Link Aadhaar to Your HDFC Credit Card at Branch
- Visit the nearest bank branch with your original and photocopy of Aadhaar
- Get an Aadhaar Seeding Form
- Fill Aadhaar number and other details
- Sign and submit the form along with an Aadhaar photocopy
- You will then receive an SMS to your registered mobile number regarding the successful submission
How to Link Aadhaar to HDFC Bank Credit Card Via Customer Care?
- Dial the HDFC Bank Customer Care 1800 266 4332 (Tier-1 Cities) / 1800 266 4332 (Other Cities)
- Add Aadhaar to your credit card
- Enter your Aadhaar number and then re-enter it
- Your request to link Aadhaar will get processed
- You will receive a confirmation message on your registered mobile number
How to check the status of Aadhaar Seeding with bank accounts?
If you have linked Aadhaar with saving bank accounts and want to check the status, you can simply dial *99*99*1# from your registered mobile number. The pop-up will ask for the 12 Digit Aadhaar number. You have to enter the number and then confirm the same. The pop-up will show the list of banks linked to the mobile number. It is important to note that there are applicable charges on the SMS which will be deducted every time the SMS is sent.