A study conducted some years ago showed that many webmasters, some business owners, and most CEOs don’t understand the significance of having search engine friendly websites. As a result, they fail to understand the need to commit so much effort to making a website to be SEO friendly.
There are tons of reasons why you should consider making your website search engine friendly. For the purpose of this article, I will discuss just a few of the importance of making optimizing your website for search engine. Some reasons you should know are:
- You will rank high on search engines:Search Engine Optimization (SEO) makes your site to rank high on Search Engine Results Pages (SERP). The higher you rank, the more traffic you will get. This is because most people prefer using information from websites that appear on the first page of search engines. If you find yourself on the first page, your traffic will increase.
- It makes your website to be user friendly: While Search Engine Optimization is primarily designed for search engine ranking, your user will have a better user experience if you apply the principles to your website.
- It is cost effective:While there are different traffic-driving technique, applying the principles of SEO to your site is the only way you can be guaranteed of steady flow of organic traffic without spending a huge amount of money. Other traffic sources such as PPC and the rest will cost you a lot. So as a newbie, drive traffic to your site by making it search engine friendly.
- It gives credibility to your brand:If you are promoting your personal brand on your website, potential investors and others may not take you too seriously if you are not ranked well on search engines. Most investors prefer to deal with brands that are seen on the first page of a search engine results pages because they are aware of the traffic implication of ranking high on search engines such as Bing, Google, or Yahoo. Therefore, it is in your best interest that you design your website to be search engine friendly.
- It increases your customers’ wants:Since a search engine friendly website will get direct organic traffic from search engines, you can use the knowledge to analyze your traffic by conducting Google Analytics on your website. That will help you to understand the needs of your customers and their performances on your website. You can analyze some data such as how they get into your website, the amount of time they spend before login out, what catches their attention, and so on. As a result of such analyzes, you can work on the shortcomings of your website and improve it to satisfy your visitors. That will increase your conversion rate too.
- It gives mobile users a memorable experience:For your website to be search engine friendly, it must be responsive. That attribute means that it must have a similar look and feel when viewed from any device such as a laptop, a desktop, tablets, iPhones, and other devices. Therefore, when your website is ranked for mobile search, it will be ranked well. This will lead to more traffic from mobile device users.
In recent years, mobile device users form the largest group of website surfers. Imagine the traffic opportunity you stand to gain from mobile users if you are well ranked for them.
It is shrewdness on your part to make your website to be search engine friendly. Some of the benefits are discussed above while a lot more are not contained in this article. Therefore, you should do your best to optimize your website for SEO. The reward will justify the effort and resources you invest in it.