One of the best ways to organize the interiors of your warehouse or storehouse is to go for the best racking system for the storage. There can be no better way to organize things than the pallet racking systems when your goods are the average sized and standard height and volume, which fits into pallets, and easy to lift through conveyors, lifts, and forklifts.
To make it easy for planning first you will have to evaluate the types of goods you will have to store and handle. If it is about your own company goods then you already know the volume, weight, and dimensions. Else, if it’s a storehouse you are renting then you can keep the measurements standard. The standard pallet racks are designed to give you standard storage, which is totally compatible with the industry standards.
Made to endure weights
Pallets have standard dimensions and made strong to contain and carry heavy weights. Hence, if you are concerned about how strong the pallet rack would be, then you can be sure that pallet racking systems are built with superior quality material and engineering. So that even after containing heavy weight pallets and brisk handling for years, they go on for the years.
The right infrastructure
Pallet racks bring in the right storage system. So that warehouses can function the best with optimum settings as per infrastructure. Your customers renting space in your warehouse would want to know where they are keeping their goods. If the infrastructure is not impressive, your business will move off. That is why to ensure that you win over every customer you must get the best quality storage with the best quality pallet racking.
Types of pallet racking systems
There are various pallet racking systems based on the type of items you would store and operating them. Some of them are discussed below in brief for your consideration.
- Standard wide aisle racking system- The P90 standard wide aisle racking system is perfect for storage where no restrictions are imposed for accessing the racks and you find this system commonly used.
- Mobile pallet racking- This system is a space saver, where almost 40% of the warehouse space can be saved by this racking. The usage style is conventional.
- Multi tier pallet racking-This is another smart system where tiers of racks are built one above the other. Lanes or paths to access the racks and operate pallets manually are built. You can walk inside the racks in this system.
- Narrow Aisle racking- This is another option for places where you need to save space, and use most of the space. Here the aisles are kept narrow and racks can be directly accessed.
- Pull out pallet racking-These are racks with pull out units like drawers for easy pulling in and out of pallets and ease of handling and storage.
- Drive in racking- This pallet racking system is ideal for space saving and great for operating with small driving cars to handle the racks and pallets.
- Push back pallet racking-Here the system is to store the pallets in a first in and a last out system. The pallets are stored on trolleys.
In this way, there are many more styles of pallet racking. Pallet flow racking, push back racking, comparison racking, wide aisle racking, and many such systems coexist, which you can use as per your space, accessibility plan, etc. The best way to decide the best pallet racking for your business needs is by discussing with your storage consultant or with the pallet rack supplier who has a sound idea of this.