Everybody is looking for Android app success in Google Play Store but hardly focus on essential tasks to do and follow the guidelines issued by Google Play Store for design and development. The current post is describing some useful outlines of those guidelines and try to improve your chances of success.
Today mobile app is an inseparable part of our life. We use apps on smartphones, tablets, wearable devices, Internet of Things, TVs, and much more. Therefore, our app ecosystem is highly complex and running on, or with, various form factors in the digital world.
A few apps come as private/internal use, customized for businesses, or organizations in Android app ecosystem, the majority of Android apps come on Google Play Store for monetization purposes and public use.
It demands concerns about the app quality, security, performance, and return. Today, Android platform follows the policies of Apple App Store to build and maintain reputations among the app users as well as app developers who are actively participating in the Android app ecosystem and contribute greatly.
In due course, Play Store has implemented some restrictions on app approvals and issued guidelines and including design and development best practices & other aspects. Therefore, today we will review some vital tips to achieve app success in the market.
Best Practices to Develop Android Apps
The journey of a successful Android app begins with its design & development phase. Android developers have to follow some best practices issued and updated by the Google Play Store time-to-time. Let’s check some highly useful tips in due course.
Focusing on UX for Different Form Factors
Android platform thrives on different form factors with a range of different devices and their purposes. Users interact with each form of device in different ways and contexts. Therefore, UX changes accordingly henceforth the design.
At present, Android developers have to take following form factors in the account during the app UX design process.
- Android smartphones
- Android tablets
- Android wearable devices
- Android Things
- Android TV
- Android Auto
- Android Daydream for VR and AR applications
Android platform has issued separate guidelines to follow different best practices for each form factors on its official site.
Material Design an Excellent Concept
Google has propagated Material Design concept to follow the best design practices across the devices and platforms. It provides common conventions in design. The stunning visuals help designers to design an expressive app that let you feel at home in terms of native experiences.
Apart from UX, Material Design augment usability, user engagements, and user retention.
In due course, Android designers have to follow some design principles to stick with Material Design concept and its best practices, such as:
- Surfaces and shadows
- Metrics and key lines
- Meaningful motion
- Responsive interactions
Best Practices for System UI Components:
The best practices are for:
- System status bar
- App bar and toolbars
- Navigation drawers
- Consider using bottom navigation
UI Elements and Patterns:
It is crucial to consider following UI elements and design patterns to reach app success.
- The latest material theme
- Tiles and lists
- In-app search
- Empty state
Best Practices to Deploy Your Android App on Play Store
Once you accomplish the design, programming, and testing phases of the development process, you need to focus on the launch of the app. It means how to publish, manage, and distribute your Android app that can attain sure success.
In due course, Google has given launch checklist and localization checklist. I have given some outline of it here.
- Distribute on the appropriate platform
- Distribute to wear OS
- Distribute to Android TV
- Distribute to Android Auto
- Run Alpha and Beta tests
- Justify pre-launch and crash reports to fix the issues up front
- Test for language
- Monitor stats for unexpected changes
- Release updates progressively
Tips to create a compelling list
- Make listing compelling to grab user attention
- Use alluring graphics and engaging videos/animation
Best Practices to Bring Engagement in Your Android App
After a successful launch, you have to think to bring back the users again-and-again to use your app and accomplish targets of your app. To bring engagement, you have to follow some tips:
Encourage Repeat Usage of App:
- By links and search results
- By rich push notifications
- By re-engaging with Ads
Integrate Features for More Engagement:
- Help users interact with people in the vicinity
- Integrate Maps and related info of places
- Leverage Google Play Game services
- Connect with Google Fit platform
Interact with Targeted Audience:
- Create positive engagement with your audience through reviews
- Use Google Analytics to identify interesting users and groups for remarketing
- For gaming apps, use Player Analytics to get insights
Bring Engagement Across Devices:
- Optimize for Chrome-books
- Optimize for sounds across the screens
- Optimize for Wearable OS
Best Practices to Grow Your Android App & Expand Business
Growing your app means reaching to a valuable audience. Therefore, you must take care of following things:
- Bring more traffic to your listing in Play Store using paid and organic marketing tactics
- Understand the needs of your targeted audience and make changes in textual and graphical/video presentations in your store listing
- Respond to user feedbacks and their reviews/comments in store and elsewhere
Best Practices to Monetize Your Android App
Right monetization strategy and implementations are the keys to assure revenue stream and gain a good return on investment. In due course, you have to do two things:
First, create right monetization strategy according to your app and needs. To help the app developers and their clients, Google Play Store offers various monetization models and services such as:
- Use Play Billing services to sell subscriptions
- Sell app-digital goods
- Use Android Pay to sell goods and services
- Use AdMob native ads
The second is increasing number of users who are paying, and you can do that by following tactics:
- Use Google Analytics for Firebase to improve conversation
- Prevent your app from refund abuse
- Use Player Analytics to grow revenue from your game app
Finally, read and listen the stories of other game developers and app entrepreneurs who have achieved remarkable success in Play Store and elsewhere so you can implement whatever is appropriate.
If you need further guidance and support of an experienced Android app development team with positive history and ready to work with you at competitive rates, SysBunny is an excellent destination to meet your needs.