Paraphrasing is one of the best techniques employed in academic writing to deal with plagiarism. It is practical and straightforward when properly applied. However, the skills quired to use paraphrasing successfully are not available to all.
Of course, you may decide to employ a scholarly paraphrasing tool, but in most cases, it comes at a cost. In some instances when people are not predisposed to such finances, or in case you want to save, it could come in handy to do the paraphrasing without using a reword machine.
How to rephrase effectively
The following points are essential when you want to become an expert at paraphrasing and rephrasing of articles. They are your foundation for becoming a human rephrasing generator.
The key to success is hard work. Take your time to comb through the text you wish to paraphrase. In doing so, you get to understand the topic of discussion. From there you are better placed to rewrite the article in your own words.
Note the key concepts
The key to paraphrasing is getting the issue discussed. There is no more straightforward way to understand the passage than to note down the key points. Be it the keywords or notes, ensure you jot them down.
Rewrite without the original text
Put side the original version and write down what you understood. It allows you to bring out the information in a way that is unique to you. As such, you are less likely to be a victim of plagiarism.
Check your work against the original version
You want to remain authentic, but since you are paraphrasing, check your work against the original text to ensure you retain the flow of the document.
Make minor adjustments
In some cases, you do not need to change entire phrases to paraphrase the work. If possible, look for means of making small adjustments that will make the work slightly different from the original.
Identify the sources of your text
It is critical especially in instances when you are unable to reword your sentences. In such cases, it is advisable to reference your work.
Additional ways to using rephrasing generator
- Start your sentences at a point different from the original location. Apart from the visual illusion that it creates, it helps you identify how best to reword your work.
- Use as many synonyms as possible. It is a smart way to avoid plagiarism and makes your work more authentic.
- Change the sentence structure. If it is allowed, you can change an active sentence to a passive one to maintain your authenticity.
- Break down complex sentences into simpler and shorter sentences. As such, your work becomes different from the original.
- Summarise your work. It allows you to create shorter different sentences. As such, your final product is distinct from the original.
What not to do when using a reword machine
- Avoid quoting your work. Improving your skills takes a lot of practice. As such, avoid directly quoting and put effort into paraphrasing.
- Do not paraphrase using a dictionary. The best way to rephrase is to use familiar words.
- Do not fail to quote borrowed sentences. In case you are unable to paraphrase, and you need to borrow words, ensure you quote the text.
- Do not paraphrase too closely. Do not change just one or two words in a document.
The final tip on how to use a rephrasing generator
Consistent practice is the best way to improve your skills. Within a short time, you will identify the difference in your paraphrasing.