Amidst several professional courses, hotel management is emerging as one of the fastest growing sectors providing enormous opportunities to the professionals across the globe. Due to the growing demand of hospitality professionals, the demand of hotel management courses is constantly increasing. Today many organizations, hotels, universities and colleges are offering specialized and international standard of teaching in India. The leading colleges for hotel management in India are imparting world-class education with huge career scope to the aspirants.
Scope of hotel management
After pursuing a degree, diploma or certificate course in hospitality, a candidate will find career gateways in multiple sectors including Aviation, event management, travel and tourism, railways, hospitals, hotels etc. With globalization, career opportunities in the hospitality sector are not limited within the country but there are several groups and chains of international hotels which operate internationally, providing scope for a successful career overseas. Government of India is also taking initiatives to expand this industry and creating employment opportunities for the candidates.
Finding the right hotel management college in India
The top colleges for hotel management in India also have tie-ups with the industry players that help in getting good placements for the students. However with more and more colleges coming up with each passing year, it has become hard to pick the best ones out of the lot. Here is the list of some of the best colleges in India for those who want to pursue hotel management as their career choice:
- Oberoi Center of Learning and Development
- Jindal School of Hotel Management
- Christ University
- Banarasidas Chandiwala Institute of Hotel Management and Catering Technology
Steps to find out the right hotel management college
Getting admission in the top institutes is really tough, but keeping some important points in mind, one can easily find out the right one. Let’s have a look at these points:
- If you want to specialize, consider the schools that offer specific area of study in hospitality like event planning, restaurant management or operations and more.
- Look for the colleges for hotel management in India that offer flexible schedules for the working professionals as well.
- Choose the schools that are affiliated to local and international hotels or schools. The hotel management institutemust have collaboration with the top hotels in India or abroad to provide internship opportunities to enable the students to step out of the classroom to get new experiences. The best hotel management institutes have laboratories with state-of-art equipments that make the students face the real world challenges of hospitality sector.
- One should always consider an institute with a good placement record and academic excellence. The leading institutes in India have a well-designed curriculum that focuses on the overall development of the candidates.